Friday, December 4, 2009

Gifts

The building is quiet. Everyone except Charles has gone home. Some are getting ready for tonight's Staff Party. I am here.
It's too far to go home, but I can't think about the pile of things yet to do. I know it's time to stop working when I start making mistakes!! Instead, I thought I would take the time to enjoy what I know about the people at this building--adults and students alike...
As I think about the work we are doing to become even better for the students we serve, I often think about how others think and operate. I appreciate the opportunity to get to know people and often reflect on the gifts they have to offer. In trying to express my gratitude, I have written, erased, and re-written in an attempt to capture these gifts. There is no way to show the essence of the beautiful dichotomies that each individual possesses. I love all the differences in people. How can I help everyone see each others' gifts? This is my most important question. I feel that if I can precipitate hyper-understanding, then we will accomplish our goals with even more magnitude.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Excellent article. It was helpful and informative. hope to see more greats posts like this. Ihampers.co.uk

Jen Barney said...

You are one amazing person and creating an amazing community... your staff is lucky!